Saturday, August 26, 2006

What Does Myofacial Pain Syndrome Feel Like:

and what is it exactly?

Myofacial pain syndrome refers to an inflammation in the fascia of the body. This is a sticky like substance that covers all the organs, vessels, muscles, bones, etc. It is continuing without end. The fascia also acts as a highway eliminating toxins from the body.

We have all seen fascia but didn't know it at the time unless you have never seen raw chicken. The clear sticky substance covering the chicken is fascia.

When there is trauma to the body this fascia develops a lump or hard ropy band. Why I have no idea. There must be a reason as there are no accidents to body functions. These are called trigger points; they are extremely tender and left without treatment other trigger spots will develop in another location in the body.

When Dr. B first mentioned I had MFPS it was mostly in the muscle tissues surrounding the left knee. The inside of my knee was particularly painful. What does it feel like? It feels like you had been sitting outside for an hour on a sunny day without a sunscreen, came back inside to soak in a hot tub of water. That is exactly what a trigger point feels like when stimulated.

Now, after all these years my entire body is covered in trigger points. It is pretty awful. If I stub my toe or bump into things the pain is exaerbated ten fold. If one puts lotion on their hand and runs there hands down the length of say my entire calf muscle you will feel hard ropey bands, very bumpy road. The skin is tight and shiney from the inflammation in the trigger points.

The weirest thing about this disease is that if you press on a trigger point say in your neck; you may feel it in your right toe, or some other area. This proves that the fascia is indeed connected in some way in the body. I would not advise poking yourself too much because you could develop another trigger point. Dr. B says I have hundreds of them. That is why I get so much comfort lying in bed. That is the place where I feel the least pain. And am in the least danger of falling.

I have some information here in my pc that I will copy and poste too.

No comments: