Friday, August 25, 2006

Filing a Claim with NC Department of Insurance and NC Bar Association:

I filed these complaints rather quickly after the mediation. My attorney advised me not to open this can of worms. I think he was apprehensive because the weekend after the mediation he revealed two unethical things Bolster had done to his previous law partners.

First, the complaint to the NC Dept. of Insurance. It took a few months for this to make the rounds. They sent copies of my complaint and letter to the local office of Auto Owners and they had to answer to the dept. and the dept. had to forward their answer onto me. They denied all these alligations completely. And offered affadavits by all three attorneys present at the mediation; my lawyer, the mediator and their lawyer Jeff Bolster.

I wrote back to the dept. of insurance asking them to ask Auto Owners to provide these affidavits. This took awhile longer. Finally, Auto Owners wrote back to the dept. of insurance that Judge Saunders could not provide an affidavit because it was against the law for a mediator to reveal what happens in mediation. My lawyer never did send in his even though I gave him written permission to do so. Their lawyer Jeff Bolster said he did not have time to do this because he was very busy answering the claims I made against him with the NC Bar Association.

So bottom line, the promised affidavits never materialized. I am not sure if Auto Owners even got a warning from the dept. of Insurance.

I called the Bar Association to find out what was the result of my claims against Bolster. They said that the law would not allow them to tell me what they found out about Bolster. I nevre have heard what was done or said in that matter. I don't think this is right.

It is disgusting when an average person gets screwed over by a Fortune 500 company and their lawyers. The state in which I reside does not care about these things. They only care about the money these companies bring into the state. I have been so frustrated taking this on.

I am looking for an attorney now so I can sue them before the three year statute of limitations expires.

No comments: